Sunday, October 17, 2010

Slacking.

Today I am lazy. Yet, I think I may be wrong to say that about myself... since I'm writing this right now as I'm taking a break from writing a 8-10 page research essay, which is blowing my mind and knocking my socks off!! It's intense... and takes a LONG time to write. I want to fly through it and be done... but i guess RESEARCH has to happen for it to finish, and the 5 hours that I have working on it so far have generated 2 3/4 pages of writing... GAH! 

I have also slacked off from taking time to write on my blog... mostly, I think it'd because I would use my down time at work to write in it... and this week, I haven't had much down time at work. Haha. It's gotten CRAZY! And I love it. :) 

We had our third and final Thanksgiving dinner for the year yesterday and it was YUMMY!! I love love love spending time with the extended Kasper family. We even took a family picture, which I have to say that I love. I know that it's already changed from the picture we took yesterday, but to be able to get all of the families together and document this stage of our lives was incredible. And to look at it and honestly... there is no conflict in that family. WOW. People have been lost along the way... Uncle John died. I never met him... but he left behind a wife and two amazing sons, who have phenomenal wives and now a grandchild who probably would've loved her grandpa, and another one on the way. But it's still a solid, dedicated family. I love this family that I married into. I am so grateful for them. 

I am also grateful for this man who I like to call my hubby. He's currently leaning on our island in the kitchen and doing his drafting homework and singing "Only the Lonely" in a VERY deep voice. Oh... now it got higher. :) He is my constant amusement... and he brings me a whole whackload of joy! I never knew that marriage could be so good. We have our struggles. But when we sit down and talk about our miscommunications and our failings, we see each other, and understand each other. And then we grow, and love more, and flourish. 

Sigh... Last night I held Elena... lots. Boy, do I ever love that little rascal. I cannot wait to be a mom. I think that it will be the most incredible gift... to have a child to raise, and teach about God's incredible love & grace. I want that responsibility. I want that love. 

Time to get back to work and quit slacking... 

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment