Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Cloudy Day in October

And I'm back...

Last night I had two amazing women over at our apartment, and I got to spend hours sharing life with them. Only in the past few months have I realized the true importance of this in my life. Prayer and time spent sharing our lives. It's amazing! What an amazing blessing they are to me!

As drastic and as incredible as the change was that I experienced this weekend, it's a hard change too. I'm in the process of learning how to apply this to my daily life, and how to grow in leaps and bounds and not feel like I'm doing it alone. I have the most phenomenal husband, and every day am amazed at the grace and patience that he has with me. I'm a lot to deal with sometimes....

My prayer for today is for patience, and direction. This morning in chapel, a few people from an incredible organization called "Invisible Children" came and spoke to us. It blew me away, and pulled my heart once again to Africa. I see the pain, and then the joy in the eyes of these broken children, and want to be a part of that healing, that refining. God is doing a mighty work everywhere on this earth, yet somehow my heart remains rooted in the soil of Africa. I struggle with the patience to wait on God's perfect timing. I want to quit everything, and jump on a plane and just hug the first person I see when I set foot on African ground. I want to teach women how to care for and love their children. I want to teach them that it's okay to give them up for adoption if they cannot take care of them, and that they don't have to kill themselves by trying to abort their precious children. I want to be one of the first people to pray over these babies born into our broken world. I want to be God instrument to give hope.

These are my dreams. They seem very far away most of the time. They seem like they are unreachable goals. And so I learn patience in the waiting.

Emily

1 comment:

  1. Hey Em! Your honesty is so beautiful! And I know exactly how you feel when you are just amazed at your husband for putting up with you :) I'll be praying for you and I am so excited to see where God is going to take you soon!

    ReplyDelete