Friday, October 8, 2010

Birthday Celebrations...

Ah... here we are, on Cam's birthday. :) He is finally legal in every country... as far as I know anyways. Apparently 21 is a big age. He told me that he doesn't feel much different rhis morning though. Funny how there's so much hype on birthdays and then you get to it, and it's just another ordinary day... still have to go to school, or work, or whatever it is that keeps you busy everyday. Bummer.

So today is the day before Thanksgiving weekend. I always think that this is an ironic weekend. Because aren't we supposed to be thankful everyday... and tell people who we are thankful for how much they mean to us all the time. Why do we take one day of the year and force ourselves to do it... why is it not all the time?! What makes us think that we can use this excuse to not be thankful every other day of the year? I think that's something that I want to work on... telling people how thankful I am for them. And living each day with thanksgiving in my heart. I think when we begin to live lives full of thanks, then people will see it reflected in our everyday going-about. And in our dealings with others. I want that. I want more joy, and thankfulness to permeate my life.

But for now... we enter into the turkey eating thanksgiving... :) Enjoy your weekends!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment