Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Beginning of Something Exciting

My name is Emily. I've never done this before.

I've been challenged to step out and be real. This is the beginning. This last weekend I went to the Downtown Eastside in Vancouver as a leader of a team of 8 students from CBC. It rocked my world. God took me, and shook me and called me back to His heart. 
For years I have struggled with depression and feeling absolutely worthless, and God took those things and threw them as far as the east is from the west. He reminded me that I am His beloved, and He has called me to His side to honor His name. We saw so many heartbreaking things, and talked to so many heartbroken people. And I realized that I am not so different from these people, I am one choice away from being right beside them on the streets. But God has redeemed the ashes of my life, and has begun to lay passions and desires on my heart - to serve Him, to love Him, to seek Him all the days of my life. 

I walked away after three days of being with these 9 people continuously and was renewed and energized and excited about life for the first time in over two years. All I can say is "Thank You, Jesus"

I have been saved by grace. I want this to be a signpost for the journey that God brings me on. A reminder and conviction of what He has called me to. For His glory and praise. 

with love,
Emily

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Can't wait to hear more about your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete