Sunday, November 7, 2010

A New Day

So it's been a little while since I've written in my blog... I've had a little too much going on in life and haven't known what is safe to write, or what would be okay to write. Now I realized, maybe I don't have to be so worried about it. Maybe I can just talk about what God is teaching me... because oh my goodness, He is teaching me. 


I feel as though I'm in the process of letting everything go. I hold so tightly to everything, to my job, to my family, to problems... and I am being shown how weak I really am. And how little I really trust God. That's a terrifying realization... knowing that I am so unable to do anything on my own strength... but also learning to hold tightly onto the hope that Christ has given me. 


Last night I was able to spend time with two incredibly beautiful women who make me feel so blessed in my friendships with them. We talked for hours... and prayed for each other. And challenged each other. I am so so blessed with my friends. 


On another note though... one of my bestest friends, Rachael, just left for 7 1/2 months to go to Portugal on TREK. So exciting for her... but I am going to miss her like crazy. 


Cam and I are making some tough decisions right now that may affect where we are in the new year. And so, if you think of it... please pray for us. I am exhausted. I had to take a day off work this week because I couldn't keep going. I'm so tired. 


I get Elena for the afternoon today... so excited :)


Em

No comments:

Post a Comment