Friday, November 26, 2010

Missing people.

So I've been pondering how blessed I am lately... and boy, am I ever! My family is the BEST ever. I have two moms, two dads, 4 sisters, and one brother... I am  praying that I will eventually have 4 brothers too :) I am SO blessed.

Last night, I went out for coffee with one of the most incredible women I know, Quinea. And she made me so grateful that I have people like her in my life. I also realized that my family is not just my immediate family members... but I have two extra sisters... Rachael & Quinea. They are my family too. And I have a WHOLE BUNCH of extra cousins & aunts & uncles... all who I grew up with, and who watched me grow up, in Botswana. I appreciate every one of these people beyond what I could ever imagine.

Then I stand in the middle of it, and wonder how on earth I got to be so blessed. And how on earth is it possible that I ever feel lonely? But I am also sad, realizing that right now is a time where some of the very important people in my life are not here. Katie is on YWAM in Hawaii. Rachael is in Portugal on TREK. And Quinea is leaving for OM in South Africa for six months soon. I don't know how I'm going to be without those amazing women right here with me. But I also think it's super awesome how God is using these women all over the world to bless others. I guess I have to share them for a while :)

On another note... it snowed all day yesterday. I love snow. It is beautiful. I think I love it even more because I didn't grow up with it, but moved here when I was older and could appreciate the amazingness of it. Sigh... oh to be sitting at home in front of a fireplace right now & looking out at it. Instead... here I sit, at work, exhausted and wishing for the above :) :)


I guess that's enough of a post for now. I've been lagging behind in keeping up on here. I'm beginning a challenge to myself soon that was given to me by Quinea last night... to write out my life story, all the nitty gritties, and all the hard stuff, including emotions. Man, it's going to be hard. But I think God will bring healing through it... I hope... and pray.

Well friends... until next time. :)

5 comments:

  1. LOVE you and MISS you! You are one AMAZING sister and I can't wait til I see you once again! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crime scene has also taken its toll, as the rate of murders and kidnapping has gone high. Apart from these, there are many more reasons such as alcohol misuse, missing persons investigations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although there are many online search options to choose from, the internet may not be your best approach to locating missing persons. There may be a more cost-effective and productive option. missing adult private investigator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although there are many online search options to choose from, the internet may not be your best approach to locating missing persons. There may be a more cost-effective and productive option. private investigative firm

    ReplyDelete